Bring your friends, family, even your pooch and be among the first to traverse the Tribal Heritage Crossing of the Wiouwash State Recreation Trail—the new trail that crosses Lake Butte des Morts along US 41!
Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Location: The event will be held on the north end of the Causeway near
the driveway for Ecklund Motorsports, 2794 Marine Dr., Oshkosh.
Parking: Street parking will be available on Marine Drive. Parking fl aggers will
be on hand at the intersection of Lake Butte des Morts Drive and Marine Drive to direct you.
11:00 a.m. Formal dedication and ceremony
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Trail opens – open house
Fun Run/Walk and Dog Walk
- Register day of event for this non-competitive 5K.
- Receive “First Across” commemorative pin.
- Talk to area experts about the new fishing opportunities on the trail.
- Visit the interpretive displays along the crossing, includin one for each of Wisconsin’s Indian tribes.
- UW-O Homecoming “Tour de Titan” bicycle cruiser ride will lead theway across the Causeway once open — anyone can participate (visit Tour de Titan online)
- Friends of Winnebago County Dog Parks will have something special for all dogs who complete the Fun Run/Walk
Walk across Lake Butte Des Morts 11X17 Poster. Please feel free to print and post!