Best Friends Dog Park is located in Winnebago County Community Park in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. There is a 9-acre fenced (galvanized) area in the northeast portion of Winnebago County Community Park that provides a safe and secure environment for owners to exercise their dogs off-leash. The park has ample parking, a walking path, seating and a small dog / puppy area. Clean bag boxes are located around the dog park in case you need an extra bag to clean up after your dog. A dumpster is located near the entrance gate to accommodate disposal of waste. There is also a porta potty outside the entrance of the dog park. Please bring drinking water for your pet.
- Hours: Open 7 days a week, 365 days a year 7:00am – 11:00pm. Winnebago County Parks Department reserves the right to close the park, in whole or part, if unsafe conditions arise.
- Location: Winnebago County Community Park, 501 East County Road Y, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901. Best Friends Dog Park is located in the northeast corner of Winnebago County Community Park.
Seasonal Notes: During the summer months when entering Winnebago County Community Park from County Rd Y, you must follow the road to the right or risk getting a ticket from Oshkosh Police Department for driving the wrong way on a one-way road! Continuing with the traffic to the right, you will pass between two ponds, stay to the left when the road splits. You will pass a large parking lot on the left, as well as the Beach Pavilion and Disc Golf station. Continue left at the yield sign. Best Friends Dog Park will be on the right. Yes, you have just driven in a big circle.
In the winter months, once the rest of the park has closed, in order to reach Best Friends Dog Park you will be directed to turn right. Cement barricades will prevent you from making a right turn and this part of the road is designated two-way traffic until spring.
From Green Bay:
- Take Hwy 41 South to Oshkosh Exit 124 / Hwy 76 / Jackson Street.
- Take a left onto Hwy 76 / Jackson Street
- Take a left onto County Road Y. Go ¼ mile and Winnebago County Community Park is on your right
- Take Hwy 41/45 North. Continue north on Hwy 41 past Fond du Lac.
- Take the most northern Oshkosh exit 124 which is Hwy 76 / Jackson Street.
- Take a right onto Hwy 76 / Jackson Street.
- Take a left onto County Road Y. Go ¼ mile and Winnebago County Community Park is on your right.