Friends of Winnebago County Dog Parks, Inc. (FWCDP), hosts and participates in a number of signature events throughout the year, primarily to raise funds for Winnebago County Dog Parks. We also strive to build community and provide responsible pet education. These events are made possible by generous sponsors and staffed by dedicated volunteers. FWCDP logo merchandise is available at most of these events.
- Winnebago Pet Expo
- Doggie Paddles at the Beach
- Clean Up Day
- Brat Fry
- Outreach Events
WINNEBAGO PET EXPO
Winnebago Pet Expo promises to be an exciting show of exhibitors, demonstrations, and entertainment related to all kinds of domesticated animals. If you are looking for pet treats, toys or training videos, it will all be here! Come see the latest and favorite products and learn more about your barking, chirping, splashing, purring friends.
- Date: Saturday, October 5, 2013
- Location: Sunnyview Expo Center, 500 East County Road Y, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901 map
- Time: 10 am-5 pm
- Cost: Age 13 and up $5; Age 12 and under $2
Find more details, including how to claim a booth for yourself or becoming a sponsor for the Winnebago Pet Expo website.
DOGGIE PADDLE AT THE BEACH
One of our most popular fundraisers traditionally held on one day in May, June, July and August each year. Come play with us!
Cost: $5 per dog per 2-hour session
- Sunday, June 23, 2013
- Sunday, July 21, 2013
- Saturday, August 24, 2013
Three Sessions: 11 am-1 pm; 2 pm-4 pm; 5 pm-7 pm
Doggie Paddle Rules:
- Owners must provide printed documentation of their dog’s current rabies vaccination (showing expiration date) on the day of the swim or they will not be allowed within the beach area. Tag will not be acceptable as proof.
- Only well-behaved dogs are allowed.
- Owners are responsible for their dogs at ALL times, including cleaning up after their dogs.
- Only one dog per adult person (18+).
- No dogs in heat.
- We reserve the right to dismiss any dog for unruly or aggressive behavior.
- There will be no human swimming at this event.
CLEAN UP DAYS
Dog Park Clean Ups are usually scheduled in Spring and Fall. These seasonal clean ups often involve big jobs like removing trees, pruning shrubs or branches, installing new benches, mending fencing, painting or moving lime screenings. Not able to do physical work? We need people who are able to check in the work crew, sign up visitors for our newsletter and chat with them about the dog park at our information table. Lots of hands are needed.
This is Wisconsin. You know the drill here. Classic eats for a great cause!
Location: Varies seasonally. Subscribe to our Newsletter to receive updates by email.
We participate in a variety of community events such as Oshkosh Area Humane Society’s Shelter Trek, Country Living Expo, Heart of Winter and Furry Flurry, among others. Subscribe to our Newsletter to receive updates by email. If you are having an event and would like Friends of Winnebago County Dog Parks, Inc. to participate, please CONTACT US.